Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Avocado Fevah


We've been on a bit of an avocado kick as of late. Then again, I'm always on an avocado kick - but I was able to drag E along with me this time (yay!).  We seriously had avocado 2 nights in a row. this never happens, people.  Previously  the only way I could work avocado into a meal was to make BLATS (yes, you read that right - but thats another show) but now I have a new method of getting my husband to eat those healthy little mushy green things..Baked avocado fries.

I'm not kidding.
~~ Baked Avocado Fries ~~

Ingredients

2 Avocados - peeled, pitted, and sliced into wedges {about 1/2 inch thick}

1/4 cup Flour

2 large eggs - beaten

1/14 cup panko bread crumbs {LOVE this stuff!} 

1 tsp paprika

1 tsp cayenne pepper {optional - but so worth it}

salt + pepper

olive oil {in this case, I'd say regular is best}

grated parmesan

Instructions

preheat oven to 450



mix together panko and seasonings into a bowl - add egg and flour into separate bowls



dredge avocado first in flour, then egg, then panko

place each slice onto a cooling rack - place cooling rack onto a sheet pan

spray wedges with olive oil 

place in oven and cook for about 20 minutes, until they look a little somethin' like this..



sprinkle wedges with parmesan, and voila!


I promise, the quasi-smiley-face was unintentional.




These are addicting - and healthy! my favorite combo!


what a horrible picture :-/ one day i'll stop being lazy and use my real camera instead of my phone. 
one day 


tomorrow, i'll explain what a BLAT is. Let me just say- its AH-MAY-ZING. seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Leave some love!