Thursday, November 3, 2011

My healthy addiction..

There was a time in my life where turning a vegetable into a chip, aside from the obvious, scared the pants off of me. I mean, what a concept! I'm not sure where this intimidation stemmed from, but I'm sure it is not unlike my fear of frying things {which is nuts, considering I'm a southern gal- but that grease is hot!} and circular needles {well, thats off subject!}. The fear of the unknown..scary stuff!

LUCKILY thanks to my fearless husband, and lots of practice, I overcame my fear of transforming some of my favorite veggies into snacks. Case in point: Kale Chips. I kid you not, these will blow your everlovin' mind. Plus they're healthy! Who'da thunk. They take absolutely no time at all, so I typically throw some in while i'm cooking or before watching a show or movie, although more often than not, I never make it to the couch with more than just a few chips left. Yes, they're that good.

Pin It

~~ Kale Chips ~~
{These babies are so simple, a recipe almost seems silly..}

Ingredients

Kale leaves, however many you'd like, torn into bite-sized pieces
{note: the leaves cook down quite a bit so 1: don't be shy on the amount you decide to cook, and 2. don't be afraid to "crowd" them a bit on the pan}

Olive Oil
{ANOTHER note: I like to spray the leaves and pan with regular olive oil to prevent sticking and browning, and then drizzle just a little extra virgin over the leaves for flavor}

Salt and Pepper
{YET another note: go easy on the salt! Kale chips really soak up the stuff. I tend to lightly salt them pre-baking, and then if they need a little extra, which they usually don't, I add more when they're done} 

Lemon juice {optional- but so good}

Instructions  

Preheat oven to 350

Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper

add kale in a single layer to baking sheet

drizzle with olive oil, add salt and peppr

Cook for about 12-15 minutes
{If you're using a toaster oven, like I tend to do, just 10 minutes will do}

add lemon juice, if desired


enjoy an incredibly amazing and healthy  snack! 



mmmm....perfection


Told ya it was easy. Now, go make some! Trust me..you will be an addict too! It's ok..it's a good thing ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Leave some love!